Last Updated on August 29, 2020 by Shevy
*I earn a small commission if you purchase through any of my links at no extra cost to you*
The Best Summer Beauty Products
Happy second day of summer! I thought it would be appropriate to create the ultimate guide to the best summer beauty products. Since beauty products are something that we use every day but may not always pay attention to the health of our skin.
This is also a time when we get ready to pack out bags for a vacation, mini getaway or trip to the beach. Which means spending more time outdoors in the sun. Even if you only plan on lounging by the swimming pool this summer, your skin deserves the best care and protection. Let’s get into the best summer beauty products that you’ll need all summer long.
Finding The Best Summer Beauty Products
When it comes to choosing the best summer beauty products, here are some simple tips to keep in mind:
- use a water-resistant, broad-spectrum sunscreen with an SPF of 30 or higher
- use makeup products containing an SPF of at least 30
- for sensitive skin, avoid using a sunscreen with chemicals
- don’t mistake a tanning product for a sunblock
- apply a generous amount of sunblock until all areas are covered
- take your sunscreen with you and reapply every 2 hours for the least; more times if sweating a lot
- follow instructions before using product
- if its a spray, spray the product into your hands before applying on face and body
- throw away your sunblock after it has expired (usually 3 years)
- use a lipgloss with an SPF and stay away from shiny lipglosses
Supergoop! Unseen Sunscreen Broad Spectrum SPF 40
As I indicated above, your best bet is a water-resistant, broad-spectrum sunscreen with a minimum SPF of 30. Supergoop! has an SPF of 40 and it also keeps your makeup in place giving it a velvety soft, matte finish.
Coola Suncare Face Mineral Sunscreen Unscented Matte Tint Broad Spectrum SPF 30
Coola sunblock has an SPF 30 and was made for all skin types, but ideally for persons with normal to oily skin.
Did you know that there are lip products that were made especially to protect your lips from the sun as well?
Coola Suncare Mineral Liplux® Organic Tinted Lip Balm SPF 30
It’s a mineral, tinted lip balm in a rosy colour for protecting, nourishing and softening your lips. So it’s basically a 2-in-1 product where you get colour and protection at the same time.
Lip Balm SPF 20 by MoroccanOil
Looking for the perfect tanning lotion to take your summer game to the next level? Then try the following products to achieve just that!
LANCÔME Flash Bronzer Tinted Self-Tanning Gel with Pure Vitamin E
Lancome flash bronzer gel is enriched with natural caramel extract and light-reflecting micro pearls. Ideal for giving your legs the perfect summer glow.
St. Tropez ‘Self Tan’ Classic Bronzing Lotion
A lightweight, lotion by St. Tropez created for your self-tanning needs. Fades evenly after a while, easy to apply, quick-drying and it won’t leave behind a self-tan smell.
For The Ultimate Summer Glow
Tom Ford Skin Illuminator
Mario Badescu ‘Summer Shine’ Body Lotion
As the name suggests, this Summer Shine body lotion will give you a subtle radiant glow. The formula is greaseless and enriched with vitamin A.