The Most Important Things In My Travel Makeup Bag
Having a Travel Makeup Bag makes life so much easier that you don’t have to worry about switching bags back and forth. Naturally I am a very organised person and when it comes to my Travel Bag there are no exceptions. Most times when planning a trip, I overdo the packing and have to refer to my own tips on how to pack light hassle free. Once I do this, I skim through the luggage(s) a few times removing any necessary items. Being over-weight is not a good thing so I always aim to leave room in my luggage.
This post contains affiliate links
With regards to beauty products and make-up essentials, I keep it simple. Usually, I do not need to add anything extra to whats already on my checklist. However, in some instances I may add or subtract depending on where I am going and the length of stay. For example a travel size sunblock if I’ll be on the beach or lounging by a pool most of the time.
My Make-up Bag Details
“Lipsticks, Heels and Late nights” are printed on the front with three lipsticks embroidered below, which I find very fitting for its purpose. There is a lot of room including 3 slots on the interior for the insertion of bank cards. Also, it is lined with fabric on the inside and although it appears to be stuffed, more things can fit. A lot of the items I am about to list have been spoken about in my “everyday beauty favourites” post.
The Most Important Things In My Travel Makeup Bag:
- Olay Complete Face Moisturizer. I apply this over my face before putting on face primer.
- Jordana Eye Makeup Remover. Works really well. Only a couple drops needed on a cotton ball.
- Clear Eyes Itchy Eye Relief. Sometimes my allergies choose the wrong time to act up so having this on me at all times is a must.
- Smokey Eye Kit by SACHA Cosmetics. Contains 6 colours ideal for the perfect natural or smokey eye look. Safe colours to mix and match with almost any outfit.
- Safety pins. In the event that my clothes get torn and I don’t have access to needle and thread.
- Brow pencil liner (brown) for filling of my brows and black eye liner for lining my water-line.
- Tweezer. To control the annoying facial hair that pops up out of nowhere.
- La Girl Pro Conceal. The lighter shade for defining below my eye brows and to highlight below my eyes. Darker shade is used for contouring and defining above my brows.
- SACHA Cosmetics Mattifier. My go-to face-primer. My face tends to be on the oily side so this helps even off my foundation and powder.
- Waterproof Creme Liner by Maybelline in blackest black. One of the best creme liners I have ever used. It takes a day or two to totally come off my eyes if I don’t use remover.
- MAC Lipsticks. In the colour “twig” which is a pinkish natural and either one of my favourite red lipsticks: “Russian red” or “Ruby woo”. If I am not sure what outfits I would be wearing then I take 2 lipsticks to be safe.
- YSL Shocking Mascara. When I want to achieve a fake-lashes look I apply 2-3 times. But if I want a neutral finish then only once.
- Studio Fix Foundation Powder by MAC. Everyday I use this on my face whether I am going to work or out. Especially on days that I don’t want to wear heavy makeup.
- Maybelline Lip Balm. Restores moisture on my lips when they become chappy. Or for those days when I don’t feel like being extra pretty.
Two other things that I also travel with but did not make the list are:
- Makeup-brushes (2 at most) &
- Blender Sponge