Now Reading
How To Quickly Pass Time In A Boring Job

How To Quickly Pass Time In A Boring Job

Last Updated on 2 years by Shevy

How To Quickly Pass Time In A Boring Job

Let’s face it, a lot of people are currently working in a boring job just to make ends meet. It doesn’t necessarily mean that they don’t enjoy what they do. It may simply be the fact that a better opportunity hasn’t yet presented itself. Well, I am not here to pass judgment on anyone but only to provide some suggestions on how to quickly pass time on a boring job. A study conducted said that only 13% of people worldwide actually like going to work. So let that sink in for a moment and ask yourself if you are part of the 13% or the other 87% of unhappy workers.

Related: Top 8 Ways On How To Live A More Fulfilling Life

How To Quickly Pass Time In A Boring Job | People Hate Their Jobs | How Many People Actually Love Their Job | Travel Beauty Blog

This post contains affiliate links

Boring Job: Down Time

Before I start suggesting ways on how to quickly pass the time I would like to talk first about downtime. Even if you are in the job of your dreams it is likely to have down times every now and then. So this post is also to help those people who love what they do for a living but may occasionally have spare time.

This post is not to trash anyone’s job neither to persuade anyone to leave their current jobs.  You should be aware of and understand the norms, culture, rules, and regulations at your job. Know exactly what is acceptable and follow the guidelines. Additionally, you don’t have to follow anything I say here and therefore you are at your own risk if you decide to.

Related: How To Use Negative People To Your Advantage

Download And Listen To A Podcast

There are hundreds and thousands of podcasts out there on almost every imaginable topic. Such as Educational, Christianity, Music, Blogging, Fashion, Languages, Trending News, etc. Listening to a constructive podcast means every day you have the opportunity to learn something new. Podcasts are not only available on iPhone but you can find them online and on YouTube.

Read A Book

Reading a book is another great way to past time and you can do so effortlessly. eBooks make life a lot easier and you do not have to worry about the weight of carrying one around. But as I said before only do so if it wouldn’t be a problem, as you do not want to piss off your employer. Alternatively, you can read a fashion book or magazine.

Organize Your Office Area

Dedicate some of your free time to tidy up your work-space. A lot of us don’t clean our desks every day so this is a great time to do so. Don’t wait until you’re about to proceed on vacation leave to shred those unwanted paper.

Related: My Top 10 Favorite TV Series Of All Time

Read The News

Find your local newspapers online or just look at MSN or Google to find daily news. While doing so there may be some other news that catches your interest. Some days past without me even reading a headline. But when I do read the news it’s my way of connecting to what is happening in the world. Optionally, buy a newspaper at the newsstand on your way to work to read during your lunch or free time.

Listen To Your Favourite Music Playlist

If you do not have a favourite playlist on your phone or computer it is a good idea to create one. Music takes the mind off a lot of things, especially whatever the situation is at present. Some people have a centralized music system where they work while others rely on their electronic devices. Depending on the radio can be pointless at times so be sure to take your playlist and headphones with you.

See Also
Self Care Day Ideas for a Relaxing Evening at Home | Travel Beauty Blog


Offer assistance to a colleague if he or she may be swamped with work and your schedule is clear. A lot of times people are afraid to ask for help but that doesn’t mean that they don’t need it. When you help others it improves your personal skills and promotes good work relations.

Related: 5 Ways To Deal With And Overcome Rejection

Prepare For The Following Day

Make a list of all the tasks or assignments that need to be completed on the following day. This list would let you know what you need to accomplish those tasks and get you prepared for a productive day.

Do you consider yourself working at a boring job? What do you do in your free time at work? Do you think that time should be used doing something more important?



View Comments (2)

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.

© 2023 SHEVYB LLC dba Travel Beauty Blog. All Rights Reserved. 

Scroll To Top