So it is the height of your weekend and you are having a great time. You felt as though you had just left the office and work is the furthest thing from your mind. Your main focus now is getting everything checked off your to-do list.
Sunday has arrived and you’ve concluded that your weekend had been wonderful and went just as planned. Cognitive of the fact that you have work on the following day and soon you would have to wind down and prepare mentally and physically. Yet, you elude that thought.
Finally its the start of a brand new week once again. You are back at the office reminiscing about the weekend and wishing it still was. Before you know it, the Monday blues kicks in. The more you think about it, the longer the day seems to drag.
These are some strategies for overcoming Monday blues and kicking Monday’s ass! LOL
- Get a proper rest on Sunday night – at least 8 hours (if possible)
- Be grateful you lived to see another day.
- Pray. Start the day off on a positive note.
- Eat a well-balanced breakfast – include some fruits or a smoothie.
- Have coffee to start off the morning.
- Make a “to-do” list of all the tasks to be completed for the day. Avoid a backlog by completing on time.
- Listen to some worship music, an inspirational podcast or a playlist of your favourite songs (this will help take your mind off the tasks at hand).
- Deal with the day as it comes – don’t think about all the bad things that can happen.
- Be pleasant with your work colleagues and visitors to your office, even if you don’t feel like being there – truth is they probably all share the exact sentiments.
- Get over it! The day is already here and ain’t nothing anyone of us can do about it. Before you know it, the work day will end and soon the count down for the weekend begins.
These are the things that help make my Mondays less stressful.
I would love to know how you cope with Monday blues. Let me know in the comments section.