How To Look Your Best At The Office
Happy Monday to you and blessed week ahead. For us office women, its important to know how to look your best at the office. Over the past months I have been using Pinterest as my go-to look-book and source of inspiration. Mainly for fashion ideas but other interests as well. Pinterest is a great place to start if you are in need of outfit ideas, a wardrobe change or if you are not sure how to put your pieces together. I promise you will never run out of ideas.
Today I want to focus on the importance of creating a professional image at the office. Particularly on Mondays I like to wear darker colours such as black, navy blue or gray to divert attention from myself. Some women go all out when it comes to work attire. 4-6 inch heels, excessive jewellery, designer bags and shoes etc.
Personally I prefer to keep it conservative when it comes to work. Whatever your choice, achieving this look all comes down to your individual style. Looking professional simply requires you to follow the key steps on achieving that look.
8 Tips on how to look your best at the Office:
- Invest in some staple items that fit into your company’s dress-code: blazers, dresses, pants and skirts that you can mix and match. Go for solid colours like black, white, brown, navy, cream, gray and also incorporate prints, florals, pinstripes or plaid pieces.
- Put on minimal makeup. No need to bake or wear excessive eye shadows, foundation and powder. Unless your job is modelling and requires a lot.
- Keep your hair tidy. Remember first impressions are lasting and people often judge based on your appearance. You would want to leave a lasting one.
- Ensure your nail polish is in tact. Chipped nail polish is not cute. Can’t afford a gel manicure every two weeks? Then do like me and use a quick-dry top coat over regular nail polish. This helps it to last longer.
- Avoid neon colours but if you must then tone it down with darker shades.
- Wear clothes that fit because if your clothes are too big or too small they won’t look good.
- Dress appropriately. Don’t dress too sexy or provocative.
- Accessorize with shoes, handbags and delicate jewellery. Statement necklaces and noisy bangles are not for the office. When it comes to handbags, keep them structured. Cross-body bags and colourful totes should be avoided.
Even if your office dress-code is casual remember it should be suitable. Distressed jeans, sneakers and crop tops are better for when going out on the weekend.
Word of advice: when in doubt, overdress. It is always better to be overdressed than under-dressed.
My main sources for outfit inspiration are my Pinterest work outfits board and WhoWhatWear website. There is absolutely no need to buy every single items the models are wearing. Use what you already have and get fresh ideas on how to interchange them.
Shop this look:
Blazer: H&M (similar here)
Cami: Forever 21
Trousers: Zara (similar here)
Shoes: Nine West (similar here)