Last Updated on January 13, 2020 by Shevy
Top 8 Ways On How To Live A More Fulfilling Life
Last week I’ve had a really tough time at work. Every possible aspect of my character has been put to the test. So as I sat at my desk thinking about how to get off the pit I came up with these 8 easy steps on how to live a more fulfilling life. When offering advice to people I always picture myself in their situation first. More importantly, I relate to both sides of their stories to provide a solution. In this post, I want to particularly address persons who are surrounded by negative people whether at work or otherwise.
So here are the 8 ways in which you can live a more fulfilling life:
- Meditate and worship. The most important step in this process is being able to meditate on the word of God and worship Him at all times. Sometimes our faith is tested and we are put into difficult situations so that God can talk to us and we can listen to Him. Regardless of our religious beliefs and practices, there isn’t anything that pray can’t fix.
- Remove toxic people from your life. This is not as easy as you may think. Some of these toxic people are who we have to work and interact with on a daily basis. So in a situation like this, it is best to avoid these persons as best as possible. Don’t alienate yourself but simply choose wisely who you have casual conversations with. Negative energies are easily transferable.
- Be careful of friends/people you let into your inner circle. While at work we may have little control over the people we interface with that’s why this point speaks specifically about friends. These are the persons we choose to share personal information and some of our most intimate moments with.
- Self-awareness and the ability to channel negative energies into something positive. Not every day we feel our best. There are times when life takes a toll and we become frustrated. When this happens, being unpleasant with our peers is not an excuse. You need to be aware of your emotions and take control of it.
- Do what you love and love what you do. One of my favourite inspirational quotes. Whatever hobbies you may have or things you enjoy doing, you should do it. Whether it be travelling, hiking, cooking, reading, etc. Doing something that you love doesn’t require much effort which makes it more enjoyable.
- Learn to forgive. Holding on to hurt and anger only gives power to the person and makes life more difficult for you. Have you ever noticed how good it feels after you have forgiven someone who has wronged you? The Bible says that we should forgive others so that the Lord our God can forgive our sins.
- Be courteous even when you don’t feel like it. Admittedly we all have shortcomings. Times when we don’t feel to be around people. But this doesn’t give us any right to be unpleasant. Remember everyone is going through a battle we do not know about. Put out the energy into the universe that you would like to receive.
- Learn how to not take things personally. The final step and probably the most difficult is learning how to not take things personally. When someone makes a rude remark that offends you, just tell yourself it has nothing to do with you. Fortunately for me, I learnt this in the early stages of my work life and it has been one of the best ways to channel negative energy. Every time someone did or said something I didn’t like, I used to say it in my head over and over that it has nothing to do with me until eventually, it came naturally.
In order to live a fulfilling life, we have to be first aware of our surroundings and how it affects our behaviour. Being aware of the things that make us happy and what makes us unhappy. Once we recognize this, we can then find ways to channel any negativity into a positive light.
Take steps to remove yourself from any unhealthy circumstances including relationships and friendships, or any other things that do not add value to your life. Life is too short to spend it being worried, sad, upset or unhappy.
Reflect on your own life and be thankful for all that you have. Be grateful knowing that there’s always someone out there doing much better with less than what you have.
If you enjoyed this post don’t forget to leave a comment below and subscribe to my newsletter for updates.
Hi! I’m Shevy! I’m the Founder and Managing Editor of Travel Beauty Blog and I’ve been blogging since 2016. I am also the owner of Shevy Digital, a Content Marketing Agency where I lend my years of expertise to established entrepreneurs through consultations and strategy sessions.