Last Updated on June 20, 2020 by Shevy
Tips For Living Alone
Living Your Dreams
10 Tips For Living alone in a new country and how to overcome the challenges:
- Join a Church or Community Group and make friends there.
- Invest time in a hobby or develop new ones such as photography, blogging, cooking, baking etc.
- Take an online course.
- Find places you can visit over the weekend and make friends if possible.
- Learn a foreign language.
- Learn the country that you are in – if you are not sure where a particular establishment is, utilize services like Google Maps, Waze, UBER and LYFT once available. Most of these apps are available to download to your smart phone and comes in very handy. If you are using one of the taxi services and have a question about where you are going, ask the driver. A lot of them are willing and ready to answer and may also provide useful tips.
- Every now and again take a trip. Save as much money as you can for travelling. Maybe take a trip back to your home country to visit family and friends or to another country to experience new adventures.
- Use this alone time to reflect on your life. Set realistic goals and work towards achieving them.
- Make your house your home. Personalize your space so that it increases your level of comfort when you get home. You have to make a life in your new country and enjoy it while you’re there.
- Shop smart like the locals do. Purchase from the Markets and Stores that they buy from.Have you lived alone before? Did you have challenges? How did you overcome them? Share your tips down below in the comment section.
Read next: 3 Reasons Why You Need To Visit Costa Rica
Hi! I’m Shevy! I’m the Founder and Managing Editor of Travel Beauty Blog and I’ve been blogging since 2016. I am also the owner of Shevy Digital, a Content Marketing Agency where I lend my years of expertise to established entrepreneurs through consultations and strategy sessions.