I am new to the blogging world and this month makes it 2 months since I officially started blogging. I said officially because that was the time when I actually started Writing. Before I started posting on topics,I had already started building an Instagram following since late 2015 where I shared mainly my travel pictures. Eventually, I added beauty, fashion and lifestyle photos which are some of the things that I am passionate about. Writing about my passion makes blogging easier in the sense that it is a hobby and not a job and it is more interesting talking about something that I like or can relate to.
A year later, I said to myself I had enough photographs stored up on my computer and phone combined to start the ball rolling. I wanted to have a lot to choose from when I decided to start writing.The blogging world has become so saturated that I think it is important to stand out from the crowd. Yes as bloggers we all blog about the same or similar topics but my stance is having my own sense of style (not copying other bloggers), providing as much information as possible on various topics and experiences, being interactive and connecting with my readers and followers.
Some people lose sight of their Blog Goals and focus mainly on consumerism. Yes, I know a lot of people are paid to review and promote products and I have nothing against them.
All I am saying is, for me, being a BeautyBlogger doesn’t mean being rich, having the fanciest clothes, shoes, houses and other material things that can be named here. It also doesn’t mean spending money on makeup every week or looking for the most expensive stuff to buy. I do understand that we all have different goals in life and what may be a priority for me may not be for others. You don’t need to go buy all the stuff you see on my blog that I would have bought or received as gifts.
My aim is to show you how you can create your own personal style and learn how to use the things you already have to make it work for you. For instance, I can choose to invest in an expensive handbag and mix and match it with different outfits for the next three years. Similarly, with makeup, one product can be used in many different ways. So before buying new stuff be sure you answer this question: “How many uses can I get out of this?“. Once you have the answer then a better purchasing decision can be made. So here goes:
10 Things you may not know about me:
1. I have a full-time job. Yes! Blogging is just for fun.
2. I work and live in Panama City, Panama but I am from Trinidad and Tobago.
3. Action and Comedy movies are my favourites. I also look at a lot of Series.
4. I don’t like to read much but I enjoy Thriller Suspense and Romance Novels.
5. I love cats. I have a pet Cat named Snuggles. She lives back at home with my mom and sister.
6. I love chocolate everything!
7. I am a football fan and I support Football Club Barcelona. Spain is also on my travel bucket list.
8. I am an Aquarius. My birthday is the 6th of February. My favourite colour is purple.
9. “Shevy” is my name in short because it is easier for people to pronounce. My name is Shiboyn (uniquely spelled) and it is pronounced like: “Shiv-onne”.
10. My love for taking pictures inspired me to start blogging but moving to Panama really pushed me to get it started. (Read this post: 10 Tips for living alone in a new country)
Did you enjoy this post? If so, let me know down below.