Diet vs Healthy Lifestyle
A diet consists of temporarily changing your eating habits to promote a certain outcome – commonly weight loss – before returning to your previous eating habits. Whereas healthy lifestyle consists of adopting healthy overall habits that promote long-term weight control and health.
Diets focus on food intake, while lifestyle changes incorporate what you eat along with other factors that affect weight and health, such as physical activity. Where weight loss is concerned, a diet provides a temporary solution and singular approach to a multifaceted, long-term health issue. – SFGATE
One of my main goals for 2017 is to exercise and eat more healthy and I just wanted to share the following tips with you on how I plan to achieve that:
How I Maintain A Healthy Lifestyle | What you can do:
- Toss all junk food from your refrigerator and cupboards.
- Make a grocery list of the items you need to incorporate into your menus. Only buy enough to last 1 week because vegetables and fruits wither quickly.
- Make a 7 day meal plan and switch up the menu each day.
- If you will be having a fresh salad, make sure to purchase a salad dressing of choice. We all know how much easier it is to have a salad with our favourite dressing.
- Have 1 cheat meal per day as dessert. Choose 1 item either a cookie, brownie, 1 scoop of ice-cream or another snack that you enjoy. In this way, you will not feel deprived or crave too many junk food.
- Have fruits as a snack instead of fatty foods.
- Drink lots of water.
- Exercise or walk for at least 30 minutes per day.
- Detox regularly. I use my FlatTummy Tea as it also helps with bloating.
Dieting is no easy task but it doesn’t mean that you can’t do it.
What works for you?