Recently I did a bit of research on skin care in order to curate a list of some of the best remedies for clear skin. The world is currently on a skin care craze and it would be absolutely odd not to ride this wave.
I have never really been a skin care person but I think I am slowly becoming addicted. Just by reading reviews and experiences from other Bloggers about products they have used is convincing enough. Of course I don’t buy any and every product that I see but I have been making a better effort to care for my skin. There are a few products that I am currently trying and I would do an updated skin care routine in the coming weeks.
The Best Remedies For Clear Skin
Here is my curated list of the best remedies for clear skin:
- Learn about your skin type so that you know what products works best for you.
- Wash your hands before washing your face.
- Use makeup remover wipes to remove your makeup. Do not sleep with your makeup on overnight.
- Use a foundation that has an SPF 15 or higher so that your skin is protected from UVB rays.
- Do not workout with makeup on. This is is a common mistake I made in the past and now my skin is much better since I stopped.
- Drink enough water so that you are properly hydrated. Dehydration causes breakouts.
- Change your pillow case at least once a week so that the oil on it from you your hair is minimized.
- Use rosewater. Recently I have found out what a gem rosewater is to your skin.
- Avoid touching your face with your hands. It is easy for the dirt and germs from your hands to transfer to your face which can lead to breakouts.
- Never apply makeup after getting a facial.
- Exfoliate your skin daily if possible, especially if you wear makeup every day.
- Ensure that the skin care products you are using do not contain alcohol.
- Stress causes acne so adding exercise to your daily routine would decrease stress levels and prevent further breakouts.
- Clean your makeup brushes at least once a week. The makeup buildup on them causes bacteria to build up which passes on to your face and causes pimples.
- Cut back on sugary foods and drinks as well as fast food.
- Don’t put your cellphone against your face while talking on it. Use a headset or speakerphone if convenient.
- Always use a moisturizer before applying makeup.
- Occasionally take a break from wearing makeup.
- Get rid of makeup over 6 months old.
- Every now and again, have a facial / spa day.
If you follow these 20 simple tips your face will thank you in the end. Share this post with someone who needs some skin care advice.